I was at a cocktail party last night at the new Ritz-Carlton Residences Chicago. We are fortunate to have designed a glamorous pied-à-terre which is currently for sale fully furnished. I met lots of buyers and brokers and was reenergized when I drove home. So many of us are embarking on new proects: redecorating, building a new home, downsizing, relocating or simply tackling that storage issue that has been driving you nuts.
Top Ten Reasons To Proceed On Your Project:
1. There is no better time to order outdoor furniture than now or last month! The longer we wait on this can make the difference between having furniture for Memorial Day or not.
2. It doesn’t have to be overwhelming. So you want to redecorate your Living Room but are afraid you’ll blow your budget. A simple consultation can help you more than you know. This is harder than most people realize. You’ll be able to determine a budget that is workable and realistic; crucial if you haven’t worked with a designer or purchased furnishings for some time.
3. Little Changes make a huge difference. Let’s say your budget is less than inspiring, that’s ok too. Repainting a room, rearranging your furniture and changing out accessories can create a new look that will energize you until you are ready to redecorate.
4. Contractors are busy! This is particularly important if you have a project that must be done by a specific occasion. Many of us will be hosting parties for a wedding, shower, graduation or other occasion this year. We want to look our best, don’t we?
5. The holidays will be here before you know it! Don’t laugh, but you know this is true. It takes time to find the right pieces, order them and install the room. Most retail stores stock little today so you will likely wait anyway. Going to a showroom that sells quality merchandise opens up many more options. This is crucial if you need something you will have for a considerable amount of time.
6. Worried you’ll make a mistake? Consult the directory of fine professionals on River North Design District, Houzz or Refined Haystack. Perhaps you’ll find the perfect fit for your project!
7. Scared of the Merchandise Mart? Well fear no more grasshopper! We can take a spin around the mart and the fantastic showrooms in the River North District. Honing in on the right pieces is easier when you have an intrepid professional guiding you to all the right places. You will save a considerable amount of time and money by retaining the right professional.
8. What about that area near the pergola that has seen better days? Time to talk to your architect or landscape architect so you’ll be ready for summer, right?
9. Fresh Start! Many people are downsizing, some are looking for new larger places, relationship changes, first real home, baby on the way, some are recently transferred and too stressed to deal with this.
10. Don’t procrastinate unless there is a significant reason. It is a mistake to put off making your home more attractive. Good design is healing, uplifting and restorative. People tell me I don’t entertain, no one will see this. That’s all the more reason, do it for you. A terrific interior is a big hug when we come in the door!
Some of our favorite projects:
Timeless and Well Edited Design for Modern Life
Our expertise lies in creating stylish and personalized interiors influenced both by the landscape/geographic location and our client’s desires. Great design transforms our environment as well as our lives. We provide complete design services for residential, hospitality, and corporate interiors. Our well edited eye allows each project to seamlessly blend style and function. We assist every client with lifestyle evolution, adapting the interiors to fit our client’s journey. The final outcome is stimulating, functional and personal for the client. We serve our diverse clients wherever they may need us. kennethwalter.com